#RamadhanDesign spotted in Singapore.
Saw this a few weeks back. Now I’m back in Singapore till Sunday. Heading to the UK on Monday for a few weeks to attend a Summer School program before going back to Yemen.
Singapore is often known as a modern city state but it’s also rich in terms of Islamic history, including spiritually. And it’s still present till today. Among the most spiritually connected boys I know, are here.
This is often unexpected (even by Muslims) due to our misconception of what spirituality is. It’s not about going to a remote place – which thus renders it to be exclusive only for those able to travel.
It is anywhere for those who struggle, at times long and hard, seeking it. And it’s not about slogans. I implore you to read what scholars have written extensively about the science of purification as understood by Islam.
Here’s a reading list suggested by Habib Omar Bin-Hafidz, to be covered gradually if able, with regards to this matter:
1) Az-Zakhirah al-Musharraf – Habib ‘Omar Bin-Hafidz
2) Bidayatul Hidayah (Beginning of Guidance) – Imam al-Ghazali
3) Risalah al-Muzakarah (A Treaty of Mutual Counselling) – Imam al-Haddad
4) Adab Suluk al-Muriid (Treatise on Discipline in the Path of the Seeker) – Imam al-Haddad
5) Risalah al-Mu’awanah (Book of Assistance) – Imam al-Haddad
6) Minhaj al’Abidin – Imam al-Ghazali
7) ‘Awarif al-Ma’arif – Imam Abu Hafs as-Suhruwardi
*English titles, available also in English. So is book six but I’m uncertain of the most common English title translation.